Come on in!

Welcome to my blog! You have reached a destination where testimonies are welcome and God reigns supreme! Come on in and stay a while! You are welcome to share your thoughts and feelings here! No need to feel rushed! Take all the time you need!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

All My Trials



Sometimes God gives us things and says to us, “Here, hold this!” It might be something that we did not ask for, but never-the-less, we are left holding it. It is hard when these difficult moments in life arise in our lives. We might be left thinking, “OK, I didn’t ask for this, so why do I have to deal with this?” Have you ever thought that the reason you are left holding whatever you are holding is because God trusts you enough to hold onto it and not lose it to the devil? Or that maybe He is trying to build you up in certain areas of your life? It’s like when you have children, you hand the greatest responsibility to the one you know can handle that particular responsibility. Sometimes they might even ask, “Why did you make me hold this?” A number of times with my girls, I am not trying to make them do it because I am lazy, but there is something in them that I want to pull out or I know they will make the best use of it. Sometimes, I make them go through certain things because I see that they are lacking in certain skills.

God allows certain trials in our lives so that God and His will might be magnified. 
Recently, I have been going through some difficult situations in my life and believe me, I do not like it! I have prayed and asked God to remove it, but I believe that He is saying to me, “My grace is sufficient...” (2 Corinthians 12:9) It is rather difficult to be in a situation waiting on God to reveal himself, all to start to understand that this is not going anywhere and I must learn to bear it and trust Him to see me through. I have cried and screamed, but God has determined that it is not His will to lift the trial just yet. I was just thinking the other day, “If God is allowing me to go through this in order to magnify His name, I am honored, but I don’t like it!” It could be that there is someone who will one day be going through the exact same thing and I might be able to help them through it. It’s tough being about the Father’s business! He expects a lot out of us, but in the end we will reap great rewards! I praise God for seeing me as worthy to take on this challenge and I praise Him that through me others might see Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment