Come on in!

Welcome to my blog! You have reached a destination where testimonies are welcome and God reigns supreme! Come on in and stay a while! You are welcome to share your thoughts and feelings here! No need to feel rushed! Take all the time you need!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Lord's Answer


This year has been full of ups and downs and it has caused me to love God even more. Some of things that I went through this year at times made me want to give up, but I remembered the word of God which told me to keep the faith. The race is not given to the swift nor to the strong but to the one who endures until the end. I can’t say that it has been easy, because it has not, but I know that God has great things for those who wait upon Him.

At the beginning of the year, my employment was in great jeopardy. Our school was closing and my emotions were going crazy, because these people had become family to me! We had gone through five years of trying to make things work. Our students were our babies. We protected them with our being. We prayed and we fasted and asked the Lord to protect our school and allow us to stay open, but His answer was, “No.” In early June, our school was closed and our hearts were broken. We said our good-byes and left our love with those kids and each other. I had no idea what would happen to my family as I started to look for work that summer for the following school year.

All summer I searched and went on interviews in the Atlanta area. Most interviews were great and most seemed would be my job. Everyone was praying for me as I went from school to school to interview. I was prayerful and hopeful each time as I left the schools and waited for the phone call that would give me a foundation for the next school year, but that phone call never came.

One morning in early July, I got up ready to take the kids to the pool and I noticed that a message had been left on my phone at approximately 7:30 AM. I listened to the message and there was a principal from Annapolis, MD saying that he wanted to speak with me concerning a position at his school. I was confused, because I could not remember applying for a position in Maryland. I called him back and he asked if I was still interested and I told him that I was. He asked when I would be available to interview, but before he got those words out of his mouth he said, “Wait, you’re still in Georgia, aren’t you?” I told him that I was and he said that he needed to get this interview process done in the next couple of days, because he wanted to start his vacation. He then said, “Well, there’s nothing that says that you can’t do the interview over the phone and there's nothing you can tell me in person that you can't tell me over the phone.” He asked if Monday would be OK and I told him that it would be. He asked if 9:00 AM would work fine for me and I told him that it would. We interviewed that Monday and he told me that he would be in contact with me in the next couple of days to let me know if I had the job. He called me the next morning and told me that I had the position if I wanted it.
AND THEN CAME THE WORK!!!

The story continues next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment